Thursday 27 July 2017

Finishing touches to the prep

These last few days have been one for organising, sorting, and getting in place all the finer details required to let the ride run smoothly.



Karen wanted to get the support vehicle spruced up with a valet before fitting the magnetic decals to the bodywork. Up stepped Owain, from Revive Auto Detail. He's homed a number of rescue dogs himself. And once he'd discovered the purpose of the fundraising trip, he gave his time for free to help the cause. His generosity is greatly appreciated. Take it from us, he's the real deal - so clicky linky if you need your car sorting (obviously he's going to charge you, but I'm sure if you love the causes we are working for as much as Owain does, then he should be a shoe-in for your future valeting needs!! Thanks, Owain! Loving your work!

Meanwhile, I've started stockpiling all the bits and pieces I need for the ride. I'll be loading up the motor on Saturday, and driving up to Chester with my bike (and if the photo is anything to go by, then I'll need to hire a trailer too!) . Trying to think of every eventuality is quite a challenge. In some ways, I'll be glad when me and Tobes get turning the pedals on Sunday morning! Which reminds me - the Grand Depart, from Chester Vets 4 Pets, gets under way at 0900 THIS SUNDAY!!! Would be great to see a few people to share a coffee and pastry with - and if you bring wheels of your own, perhaps join us for a ceremonial ride-out for a few miles of the route!! 

And finally today, I thought I'd link you to a video. This highlights some of the amazing work being done by Galgos del Sol. The reason why Karen and Toby conceived of this crazy adventure, and the reason myself and Toby wanted to raise funds and profile doing something we both love so much.


The links to the fundraising pages can be found top right. We'd love it if you scrolled up and clicked. As would the hounds.

AP (27/07 @ 9pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment